Since no chlorine or chlorine derivatives were used to produce these filters, no chlorine or chlorine derivatives get dumped into our lakes, rivers and streams.
If You Care coffee filters feature a strong “never break” double seam, which assures the strength and integrity of the filters. These coffee filters are designed to give lovers of freshly ground coffee maximum pleasure while having the least possible environmental impact.
- Paper from FSC certified forests
- Filters: Unbleached totally chlorine-free (TCF)
- Minimum waste
- Board: Recycled processed chlorine-free (PCF)
- Vegetable-based inks for printing
- Non-toxic glues
- Filters are certified compostable and can be home composted
- Filters can be composted in municipal or commercial compost facilities where available
- Cardboard packaging should be recycled
- Strong “never break” double seam
- Suitable for vegetarians and vegans
- Gluten free
- Allergen free
- Star-K kosher and Kosher for Passover
- No animal testing
- No animal ingredients, suitable for vegans
Fits all No. 4 cone-style coffeemakers.
Similar Coffee & Tea Prep
Other If You Care Products
Barbara: about a year ago
We are big coffee drinkers but want a filter that is unbleached, natural, compostable etc...better for us and the environment. These are great and affordable compared to other similar brands. For price comparison, note that there are 100 filters per package, more than most others. Will continue to purchase.
Trish: more than a year ago
Am always a bit hesitant to buy a product that has a MAJOR sales pitch about its "organic" qualities - in the sense that I'd like to also know if it works! Well, I'm happy to say that this one does. I bought these # 4 filters (on sale) for my Miletta drip cone filter "system" (pour boiling water thru ground coffee in a filter, & that's my "system"!) You should note that it does say on the box, buried among ALL the environmental claims, that one should "Use fine ground coffee only." Happily, I use Starbuck's normal/regular house blend coffee, and have not had a single problem with these filters. So for me, the "fine grind" wasn't at all necessary. The filters don't break, & the coffee tastes great! Oh, and they're good for the environment, too! :)