Directions for Use: Apply POLYSPORIN Cold Sore Healing Patch at first sign of an outbreak. When the patch starts to detach from the skin, remove it and replace it with a new one until cold sore is healed. Patches should be used 24 hours a day. On average, the patch will stay on for approximately 8 hours. You do not need to remove the patch every 8 hours, only when it begins to detach.
How to Apply:
- Wash hands. Ensure skin is clean and dry. Do not use in combination with cream as the patch may no longer stick to the lesion to provide full treatment benefits.
- Remove applicator from wrapper and hold ends using both hands.
- Gently pull each end of applicator, following the arrows, until adhesive side is half-exposed. Take care not to touch the adhesive side of the patch.
- Gently press the half-exposed part of the patch with a finger to firmly place over the cold sore.
- Slowly pull end of applicator down and away from the skin in a smooth rolling motion until the patch slips from the applicator. Make-up or lipstick can be applied over the patch. Wash your hands after application.
CAUTIONS: Do not use inside the mouth, on mucous tissue or to treat genital herpes. Consult your pharmacist or doctor if the cold sore becomes severe and/or an outbreak lasts unusually long.