- Nervous System Health: In recent studies, methylcobalamin has demonstrated an enhanced ability to support neurological function. This form of vitamin B
- 12 promotes protein synthesis for maintaining healthy nerve cells and myelin.
- Methylcobalamin may also help to moderate levels of glutamate in the brain, encouraging healthy brain cell activity, as well as memory, mood, and cognitive function.
- In general, vitamin B 12 works with folate to promote DNA and red blood cell health.
- Additionally, vitamin B 12 is an important cofactor for energy metabolism and a vital component of the methionine synthase pathway, which supports healthy homocysteine metabolism and S-adenosylmethionine (SAMe) production.