Tru Earth Eco-Strips Laundry Detergent Fresh Linen
Description & Features
Tru Earth Eco-Strips are the smartest way to clean laundry, period.
Clean, green, and simple!
Each laundry strip packs ultra-concentrated, hypoallergenic, eco-friendly cleaning power into a tiny, pre-measured strip of detergent that you just toss in the wash. Its low-sudsing formula works in all types of washing machines, including high-efficiency (HE).
The smart formulation effectively seeks out and dislodges dirt molecules and stains, keeping them in suspension until they are rinsed away. It makes your laundry washing chore easier, healthier, more economical, and much kinder to our planet.
Clean, green, and simple!
- Free of parabens, chlorine, phosphates and added dyes
- Free of 1,4-dioxane, as certified by independent laboratory tests
- Readily biodegradable in accordance with OECD 310D
- Hypoallergenic, certified by independent dermatologists
- Vegan: no animal-based ingredients or testing on animals by us or our ingredient suppliers
- Zero-waste compostable packaging
- No measuring, no mess
- Dissolves completely in hot or cold water
- Suitable for top load & HE laundry machines
- Vegetable glycerin: plant-derived softener
- Starch: plant-derived biodegradability booster
- PVA - (polyvinyl alcohol) biodegradable supporting matrix
- Light mineral oil: non-hazardous softener and processing aid
- Potassium sorbate: food-grade preservative
- Cocamido propyl betaine: coconut oil based, biodegradable amphoteric surfactant (cleaning agent) and foam booster
- Alkyl polyglycoside: plant-derived, biodegradable non-ionic surfactant (cleaning agent)
- Sodium coco sulfate: coconut oil based, biodegradable surfactant (cleaning agent) and foam booster
- Glycerides, coco mono and di, ethoxylated: plant-derived, biodegradable non-ionic surfactant (cleaning agent)
- Sodium gluconate: plant-derived and food-grade, biodegradable water softener that prevents soil from resettling on fabric after it has been removed during washing
- Lauryl dimethyl amine oxide: plant-derived, biodegradable non-ionic surfactant (cleaning agent) and foam stabilizer
- Hexylene glycol: biodegradable emulsifier
- Sulfonic acids, C14-16-alkane hydroxy and C14-16-alkene, sodium salts: biodegradable surfactant (cleaning agent)
- Octyl sodium sulfate: biodegradable anionic surfactant (cleaning agent)
- Fragrance oil blend (not used in Fragrance Free): natural essential oils and synthetic ingredients, hypoallergenic and non-toxic
- Residual water
No Information Provided
Similar Laundry Detergent
Other Tru Earth Products
Rated 5 out of 5 by Mel from No more doubt! I went into trying this product with a lot of doubt, but after a dozen loads of laundry, I can say with confidence that it is genuinely a great product. I got the scented one. The product smells strong in the carboard envelope it comes packaged in, but the smell left on the washed and dried clothes is VERY gentle. There is an unscented version, if you prefer. Cleaned the clothes and bed sheets just as well as my regular commercial detergent. Feels good to do our part for the Earth whenever we can. Will never buy detergent in a plastic jug again. I recommend!
Date published: 2020-11-20
Rated 5 out of 5 by Carson from Great product I have used these strips for well over a year now and love them. I have a front loading washer and made sure I cleaned it first according to the manufacturers instructions. For each load I tear the strip into four and put them in the detergent space and fill the softener and bleach spaces with plain white vinegar, setting the temperature to cold or warm water. I also use a stain fighter if needed. Only once has the strip not dissolved. A good clean of the dispenser and making sure the torn strips do do stick out over the edges solved the problem. The clothes come out clean and by using the vinegar it helps to clean the machine and is much easier on the clothes than harsh chemicals. Is definitely eco friendly and saves me money.
Date published: 2020-09-10
Rated 4 out of 5 by AndreaPG from Thrilled with the results I bought this and was a little nervous, but it works amazing. The only problem I had was it was gumming up front loader when I put the strips into the detergent holder, so I rip them into 4 pieces and throw them right into the machine with the laundry, and everything comes out clean and smelling amazing. I have 2 kids and 2 cats, so a busy laundry room and I am a total convert. So happy not to be lugging and throwing out big plastic tubs into the environment.
Date published: 2020-03-12
Rated 1 out of 5 by Amanda from Too good to be true I purchased these in hopes of making a more eco-friendly switch in my day to day life, but these things really were too good to be true. They smell amazing in the package so I was excited to use them, threw a strip in my laundry machine and washed everything like normal only to find my clothes STINKING much worse than when they went in. They just smelled like sewage water and there wasn’t a trace of detergent smell anywhere. I literally had to wash my clothes all over again (thankfully I had another detergent on hand), but I pay for the laundry in my building so it was a total waste of money. I truly don’t understand all the rave reviews for these because they did absolutely nothing.
Date published: 2020-08-18
Rated 1 out of 5 by Amanda from So wonderful in theory, didn’t dissolve I was so excited about this product. In theory, the strips are great - when they actually dissolved. Only a handful of times did the strips dissolve in the wash, no matter if I threw them in the drum directly or in the dispenser. It got all gummed up in both. If this product dissolved in the wash, it would be great. But it doesn’t. Very disappointing because it would be so great to use this. I am returning the two packages I bought.
Date published: 2020-03-09
Rated 5 out of 5 by Becca from Love these! I love these laundry strips! They work well, smell nice and are so clean and easy to use. I have a HE washer, and I just tear up the strips into little pieces so they dissolve easily. I use these on both my own clothing as well as for washing my horse’s sheets, fly masks, boots and saddles pads. If they didn’t clean well - I would definitely notice! Plus they’re a Canadian company.
Date published: 2020-06-29
Rated 5 out of 5 by Ashley from Pleasantly surprised! I bought this a few months back because I loved the idea of how much plastic and waste it was saving compared to the typical jugs of detergent. I am really surprised at how well it actually works! I read some other reviews that it doesn't dissolve, but I have had no problems with this at all. I tear it into little strips when I put it into the detergent compartment of my front loader. The smell is light and fresh, and the clothes come out nice and clean. 5 stars from me!
Date published: 2020-11-05
Rated 5 out of 5 by stormagus from Works Great with Little Waste I've been using these for a few weeks now, and they're fantastic. I was skeptical at first that a little strip of detergent would do much, but surprise, they work as well as liquid detergent. I tear the strip up into bits before placing into the reservoir to make sure it completely dissolves as well. So far, no issues. I also love that the only waste at the end is a cardboard sleeve that can go into the recycling bin.
Date published: 2020-06-22