The Beco Gemini is shorter and narrower in the body than the other carriers, and has no sleeping hood (just a headrest), so it's not ideal for use with toddlers, but it is a very good, comfortable, intuitive and easy-to-use carrier for newborns and younger babies.
- 4 in 1 baby carrier
- Newborn to toddler (7-35 lbs/3.5 - 16 kg)
- Front carry (facing in and facing out), back carry, and hip carry
- Great for nursing
- Direct contact intuitive baby carrier
- High quality tested materials
- Machine washable
- Instruction manual included
- Designed in California
- Responsibly made in China
- Shell: 100% Cotton
- Fill: 100% Polyurethane (body & shoulder foam), 100% polyethylene (waist foam)
- Flame retardants free
- Packaging: 100% recycled content, printed with soy based inks
- Does not require an infant insert
- Body 13" wide x 18.5" tall with head rest up, 14" tall with headrest folded
- Shoulder straps 23" (can be adjusted up to 22" LONGER for a total of 45")
- Waist belt 28"(size 0) can be adjusted up to 57"
- Weight capacity of the carrier: 7-35 lbs (3.5-16kg)
- Weight of the carrier: 1.5 lbs
- Foldable head rest
- Adjustable base for growing baby
- Instructional booklet
Similar Baby Carriers
Chelsey: a few months ago
I bought this carrier because it said it would be good for smaller frame people. I am 5'4" and 110 pounds. The shoulder straps couldn't be adjusted enough so that they would keep slipping off my shoulders.
It is a great carrier, very well made. I just wish it could have been adjusted to be small enough for me. If it fit I would have given it 5 stars.
KIARA: more than a year ago
This carrier is great! Really convenient to not have to use a newborn insert and pretty easy to put on. The buckles have a safety feature that took some time to get used to but once I remembered that you need to push down on a button while pressing the clips, it was easy. The only thing I'd change is the fabric. I got the black and with the material it shows lint really bad. Overall great carrier though!
Julia: more than a year ago
Just used this for the first time recently and Ioved it! The buckles on the side and hip/waist require two hands to undo which is a bit annoying when trying to unstrap your little one out but I don't have to worry about them accidentally coming undone. My 1 month old is small enough that I can fold down the headrest and still have her neck and head completely supported. It's very comfortable once you get the hang of getting baby into it.