Herbal combination to help reduce cough and cold symptoms in kids
- Includes a soothing blend of English ivy, marshmallow and European elder extracts
- English Ivy is used as an expectorant to help relieve coughs
- Marshmallow is used in Herbal Medicine to relieve throat irritation and associated dry cough in adolescents and children ages 6 years and older
- European elder is used in Herbal Medicine to help relieve cold and flu symptoms and relieve fever (promotes sweating) in children 3 to 12 years
- Delicious natural raspberry flavour
Kids English Ivy is a great-tasting combination of herbs traditionally used to help relieve symptoms associated with coughs and colds. It provides English ivy, which has been demonstrated in clinical trials to help relieve coughs, promote expectoration, and improve respiratory function in children with chronic bronchitis. A mucilaginous herb, marshmallow contains polysaccharides that coat the mucosal lining of the respiratory tract. Clinical research supports its traditional use in Herbal Medicine as a demulcent to relieve the irritation of the oral and pharyngeal mucosa and associated dry cough. Kids English Ivy also includes European elder, an herb well-recognized for its high anthocyanin content.5 European elder is used in Herbal Medicine to promote sweating (diaphoretic) to help relieve fever, while helping to relieve symptoms of colds and flus (such as coughs, sore throat and catarrh of the upper respiratory tract). Available in a delicious natural raspberry flavour, Kids English Ivy provides soothing relief of cough and cold symptoms in children 3 years and older.