- Helps to maintain proper muscle function
- Helps to metabolize carbohydrates, protein and fat
- Magnesium glycinate is a gentle form of magnesium that is less likely to cause loose stools
- Helps in the development and maintenance of bones and teeth
- Helps to prevent magnesium deficiency (adults, 2 tablespoons)
- Dissolves completely in water
- No cloudy residue
- Great-tasting apple-pomegranate flavour
In the United States, insufficient magnesium intake is estimated to occur in approximately 64% of men and 67% of women, with even higher levels of insufficient intake in elderly individuals. Magnesium glycinate (also known as magnesium bisglycinate) is a highly water soluble amino acid chelate of magnesium and two glycine molecules.
Clinical evidence indicates that magnesium glycinate has a significantly higher bioavailability than magnesium oxide, and is less likely to cause a laxative effect. Supplementation with magnesium glycinate has been shown to decrease the severity of muscle cramping: in a clinical trial on 86 healthy pregnant women with recurrent muscle cramps, supplementation with 300 mg of magnesium glycinate for 4 weeks reduced both the frequency and intensity of leg cramps.