Fortunately, enzyme supplements like DIGESTsmart by Lorna Vanderhaeghe make it possible to enhance digestive health.
Each digestive enzyme helps to break down different types of food:
- Amylase: Digests carbohydrates
- Lipase: Digests fats
- Cellulase: Breaks down fiber
- Lactase: Digests milk sugar (lactose) in dairy products
- Bromelain and Papain: Digests proteins
- Facilitates proper digestion
- Reduces gas
- Reduces bloating
- Improves absorption of nutrients
- Eliminates heartburn due to inadequate digestion
- Reduces adverse food reactions
- Controls some food allergies
If you have overeaten take an additional tablet after the meal.
Each caplet contains:
For Carbohydrate Digestion:
- Alpha-Amylase (Aspergillus oryzae, whole/entire). . 50 mg/1,500 FCC DU
- Cellulase (Trichoderma longibrachiatum, whole/entire). . 15 mg/300 FCC CU
- Lactase (Aspergillus niger, whole/entire). . 30 mg/30.75 FCC ALU
- Bromelain/Bromélaïne (Ananas comosus, stem/tige). . 30 mg/7,200FCC MCU
- Papain/Papaïne (Carica papaya, fruit). . 50 mg/900,000 FCC PU
- Lipase (Aspergillus niger, whole/entire). . 30 mg/32 FCC LU
- DU (Dextrinizing Unit), CU (Cellulase Unit), ALU (Acid Lactase Unit), MCU (Milk Clotting Units), PU (Papain Unit), LU (Lipase Unit), USP (U.S. Pharmacopeia).
Consult a health care practitioner if you: are pregnant, breastfeeding, a diabetic, have stomach ulcers, having surgery, taking blood thinners, anti-inflammatory, antibiotics, or have ongoing digestive complaints; have an allergy to avocado, banana, chestnut, fruit, fig, melon, mango, kiwi, pineapple, peach and tomatoe
This product does not contain artificial preservatives, colours or sweeteners; no gluten, soy, dairy, GMO, wheat or yeast.