Often manufacturers of fish oil add vitamin E to halt the rancidity, but PolarPOWER relies on the preservative power of astaxanthin, which naturally occurs through the salmon’s diet of microalgae and phytoplankton. Astaxanthin has many other beneficial properties. Known as a powerful biological antioxidant, it is a carotenoid, giving PolarPOWER a rich, red-orange colour. Astaxanthin’s ability to quench free radicals is up to 100 times more powerful than vitamin E. A major fat soluble nutrient, preformed vitamin A, the most absorbable form of vitamin A, is present in significant quantities from PolarPOWER. Also, PolarPOWER contains dense amounts of naturally occurring vitamin D. This vitamin is the subject of ongoing research, revealing many benefits.
- Tests lower in mercury than any other original fatty fish oil
- Tests lower in noxious chemicals (PCBs, etc.) than any other fatty fish oil 2
- Contains not only merely vitamin D but also vitamin A; plus, it provides the daily need for these vitamins and the omega 3s
- Has its own antioxidant, astaxanthin, which makes this stable, even without refrigeration
- Is completely unaltered; no filtering, detergents, deodorizers, or solvents