NOW Foods High Potency Alpha Lipoic Acid is the 600 mg dosage of this product, offering NOW's highest potency. Elevated blood glucose has been implicated as a leading indicator of metabolic syndrome, increasing the risk for a number of degenerative diseases. According to a survey of 685 herbalists, alpha lipoic acid was one of the 10 most frequently recommended dietary supplements due to its efficacy in reducing high blood sugar levels.Features:
- Metabolic antioxidants and potent free-radical quenchers
- Improves states of oxidative stress.
- High Potency formula
- With Grape Seed Extract & Bioperine®
- Egg free, soy free
Adult Dosage: Take 1 capsule daily with meals.Ingredients:
Each capsule contains:
- Alpha Lipoic Acid 600 mg
- Grape Seed Extract (Vitis vinifera) 30 mg
- Bioperine® Piperine (Piper nigrum, Fruit) 5 mg
- Non-Medicinal Ingredients: Veg Capsule (hypromellose, water), Cellulose, Silica and Magnesium Stearate (vegetable source).
Consult with a health care practitioner prior to use if currently taking any oral prescription medications or have diabetes or thyroid disorder. Discontinue use if skin rash or allergic reaction occurs. Do not use if you are pregnant or breastfeeding. Grape anthocyanins might inhibit the growth of Lactobacillus acidophilus. Avoid use with Lactobacillus acidophilus. Orally, skin rash has been reported after use of alpha-lipoic acid. Adverse effects are more common in patients receiving high intravenous dose.