- Gluten Free*
- Lactose Free
- Peanut Free
The human body cannot make Omega 3 and 6 fatty acids and that is why they need to be consumed through diet. The essential sources available for consumption are marine or plant sources. Fish oil contains both docosahexaenoic acid (DHA) and eicosapentaenoic acid (EPA), while plant sources contain primarily alpha-linolenic acid (ALA). A recent systematic review of randomized controlled trials found that consumption of EPA and DHA from fish or fish oil supplements, benefit cardiovascular disease. EPA and DHA can decrease the risk of cardiovascular disease by:
- Preventing arrhythmias that can lead to sudden cardiac death
- Decreasing the risk of thrombosis (a clot) that can lead to myocardial infarction (MI) or stroke
- Decreasing serum triglyceride levels
- Lowering blood pressure
- Decreasing inflammation
- Reducing the incidence of cardiac events and mortality in patients with existing heart disease
- Protect the cardiovascular system.
- Lower ‘bad' LDL cholesterol and raise ‘good' HDL cholesterol.
- Discourage fat storage.
- Improve cognitive function and mood.
Non-Medicinal Ingredients: Natural lemon flavour, rosemary extract, mixed tocopherols, gelatin.