- Sleeping aid
- Nervous exhaustion
Ingredients: Blue Vervain, Lemon Balm, Catnip, Oat Straw, Red Bergamot, Chamomile, Hops, Motherwort, Valerian, Skullcap and St John’s Wort.
Ingredient Traditional Uses:
Traditionally the herbs in this blend have been used as sedative, anti-depressant, anti-tumor, nervine, as a sleeping aid, and for irritability and other ailments associated with nervous exhaustion.
- BLUE VERVAIN: nerve tonic, spleen and liver, fever, circulation
- LEMON BALM: insomnia, antibacterial-viral, menses, headache
- CATNIP: colds, restlessness, headaches, heavy menses, sedative
- OAT STRAW: physical and nervous fatigue, depression, thyroid
- RED BERGAMOT: colds, fever, headache, insomnia, stomach ache
- CHAMOMILE: insomnia, indigestion, headaches, cramps
- HOPS: sedative, cramps, fevers, estrogenic, rheumatism
- MOTHERWORT: nerves, regulates heart, mood swings, menses
- VALERIAN: nerve tonic, irritability, sedative, depression
- SKULLCAP: sedative, nerve tonic, antispasmodic
- ST.JOHNS WORT: depression, inflammation, sedative, wounds
Other Algonquin Teas Products
Kelley: a few months ago
I suffer from chronic sleep issues and this tea has really helped me to relax and fall asleep more quickly. I've spent years taking Melatonin, drinking chamomile tea and other remedies to no effect. This tea is the first thing I've tried that has had a positive impact on my sleep.
Em: more than a year ago
I suspect this might be the kind of thing that works if you believe it works, as with anything, herbal or medicinal. But since I believe it works, it works for me. With a teaspoon of honey I find the taste pleasant and as I said I do think it helps with a calm feeling before sleeping. Couple it with listening to Spiegel Im Spiegel by Arvo Part on youtube and you'll be well away with the fairies.