Coenzyme Q10 (CoQ10) is a naturally occurring compound found throughout all cells in the body. This nutrient is essential for producing the energy that cells require to function effectively.
The cells of the heart are particularly abundant in CoQ10 because of the high demand for energy production that is required to help the heart muscle beat and efficiently pump blood throughout the body. Research has shown that use of statins (cholesterol-lowering medications) can deplete CoQ10 levels in the body. However, since CoQ10 plays an important role in maintaining normal functioning of the heart, depletion of this nutrient may cause a number of side effects, including heart failure.
Supplementation with CoQ10 in combination with long-term statin therapy can help to prevent depletion of this essential nutrient, and also works without interfering with the cholesterol-lowering action of these drugs. This new product completes Jamieson's offerings of regular-, medium- and high-potency CoQ10 formulas.
- Plays a role in energy production
- Helps to reduce free radical damage in the body
- Protects cells from premature aging
- Medium potency ideal for low-dose statin use, anti-aging, energy boost
- Supports healthy CoQ10 levels for patients prescribed statin drugs
- Easy to swallow soft gel capsules
- Natural CoQ10 fermented from yeast — identical to body’s own CoQ10
- More efficiently absorbed and used by the body
Ingredient Information: Coenzyme Q10 60 mg (Ubiquinone)
Excipients: Gelatin, glycerin, soy lecithin, soybean oil, titanium dioxide, natural annatto colour.