St. Francis Herb Farm Valerian
If using Valerian primarily as a sleep aid, the full daily dose of 2.4-12 ml (72-360 drops) can be taken from 30 to 60 minutes before bedtime. Take an additional dose of 2.4-12 ml earlier in the evening if necessary.
Caution: Consumption with alcohol, other drugs or natural health products with sedative properties is not recommended. Exercise caution if operating heavy machinery or driving a motor vehicle within 2 hours of consumption. Consult a health care practitioner before use if you are pregnant or breastfeeding. Consult a health care practitioner if sleeplessness persists continuously for more than 3 weeks (chronic insomnia) or if symptoms worsen or persist.
- Considered a nervine herb, i.e. part of a class of herbs that tonifies, calms, and heals the nervous system
- Mild sedative and sleep-promoting agent
- Good for states of nervous excitation and anxiety-induced sleep disturbances
- Found in clinical trials to be as effective as benzodiazepines in aiding sleep
- Does not have the untoward side-effects of drugs
- We are only able to ship this item to Canadian customers.